Tuesday, September 4, 2012


From mails to trains ...
The mail or the train ?
Reviewing the memory cards of my camera, I came across 
with this photo of the United States Post Office in New York
City and when I zoomed the photo, the signage says ... 
"The Future Home of Moynihan Station" ...
The post office building was constructed in 1908-1913 and 
thereafter were several expansions in its location of 8 acres 
at 421 St., 8th Avenue, NY.  The post office is open to the 
public 24/7 each week. 
The Future Moynihan Station is a planned station that 
would expand the Penn Station to the office building which 
had its groundbreaking in 2010 and expected to be complete 
by 2016. Known as the busiest train station of the country, 
its passengers accounted to over 550,000 daily.
Once operational four years from now, all mail processing 
operations will be relocated to the Morgan Processing 
and Distribution Center, which is one block away from 
there.  The US General Post Office was designated a 
landmark by the NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission 
in 1966.
Super thankful I had this photo, taken in October 2011, 
before it becomes a train station in 2016 in NYC.
  
However, I'm just wondering with an advance IT 
country like the US and NYC for that matter, people still 
send mails through the post office.  

On my recollection I had my last mail/package sent at the 
Davao City Post Office way back in 2005.  What with email, 
Facebook, Yahoo Messenger, Skype, etc. which is easier 
and fast. 

But then I still got mails with two of my latest were from 
the bank that I need to acknowledge it personally 
because it was a registered mail that contains, a summary 
among others of withholding tax and more taxes.  

We used to receive also through mails from 
Ateneo de Manila University furnishing us the report card 
of our son Jose III for us to know the performance of our 
child in school.
Well, despite connectivity, post mail is still 
important. Accessibility like the soon to be 
Moynihan Station is an equally important infrastructure !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Goin places

Your Ad Here